Top Benefits of an Australian Permanent Residency (PR)
Australia is known for its excellent human development index and for offering a high quality of life to its citizens and residents. Over the years, Australia has consistently ranked as one of the most desirable countries in the world to reside. It is a country that offers several opportunities both personal and professional. It is known to offer a widespread healthcare system along with a first-rate educational system.
With the top-class benefits and opportunities that are enjoyed by the citizens or residents of Australia, Australia is also popular for its pleasant climate and beautiful locations and scenery.
Thanks to the various benefits and opportunities offered by Australia, it is a very popular destination for many migrants and skilled workers who are looking to reside or settle in one of the most progressive and multicultural countries in the world.
Benefits and advantages of Australian permanent residency visa
As a permanent resident in Australia, one can enjoy the below-mentioned Australian PR benefits:
- Live in Australia indefinitely
- Work in Australia
- Study in Australia
- Can avail and enroll for higher education loans programs
- Enroll in Australia’s national health scheme
- Apply for loans to buy property, cars or other assets
- Sponsor and invite eligible relatives for Australian permanent residence
- If eligible can apply for Australian citizenship
- Travel to and from Australia
- Work in New Zealand
Why should you apply for a permanent residency visa in Australia?
As a permanent resident in Australia you can:
- Work for any employer in any industry. You will enjoy full work rights and will be able to take up any occupation and job profile of your choice. (Armed forces and Public services are exceptions).
- The Australian permanent residency visa is granted for 5 years, however, it can be renewed for additional 5 years each time it expires. This allows you to live in Australia indefinitely.
- Permanent residents in Australia can invite or sponsor family members like parents, children, brothers, sisters and parents-in-law to come and live with them in Australia.
- Permanent residents have full access to Australia’s Medicare scheme that provides free hospital care in public hospitals, free access to public general practitioners etc.
- Permanent residents have access to Centrelink which offers social welfare and helps with aid in case of sickness, unemployment or study requirements
- PR holders can avail free government schooling. Some states in Australia also offer free schooling under a few categories of temporary visas, however, most states don’t. So to enjoy a free schooling facility one needs to hold a permanent residency visa.
- Permanent residents can pursue higher education in Australia by availing student loans through the Higher Education Loans Program (HELP). Under this program, one can go to university, complete their studies and pay the fees later.
- PR holders are eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship. For eligibility to apply for Australian Citizenship one should have resided in Australia for at least 4 years, with a minimum of 12 months as a permanent resident.
- Permanent residents have access to the First Home Owners Grant (FHOG) that can be used for purchasing a first house or apartment or property valued below $750,000. The First Home Owners Grant is presently worth $10,000.
- Children of permanent residents of Australia automatically become Australian citizens by birth. They will enjoy all the benefits enjoyed by a Citizen of Australia.
How EZY Immigration can help you become an Australian Permanent Resident?
You can become an Australian permanent resident in different ways. The most common visas that can help receive permanent residency are:
- General Skilled Migration Visa
- Family-stream permanent visa
- Employer nominated visa
- Skilled Work Regional visa
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional visa
- Business or Investor-stream permanent visa
Ezy immigration can assist with the application of all types of Australian Permanent residency visas. We take up a case of Permanent Residency visa only if we believe that will be successfully processed. We do not believe in misguiding our customers and wasting their time and money. We have years of experience handling all types of Australia and New Zealand visas and we work towards securing the right visa for our customers.