Skilled migrant category (SMC)
A residence visa under Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) is a two-step process as below.
- Expression Of Interest (EOI) – An online form is submitted into a pool of all other EOIs from people who want to migrate permanently to New Zealand. Immigration New Zealand (INZ) will then make a selection of EOIs with points score of 160 or above from the pool.
- Invitation to Apply (ITA) – After completing basic verification of your EOI, Immigration NZ will invite you to submit a residence application. At this stage, all documentation will be required to support your points claim for your age, skilled employment, work experience, and qualifications, etc.
Our support and assistance
The immigration policy and rules around the Skilled Migrant application process are complex. Without a professional help, there is always a risk of an applicant making a mistake which can be costly and result in an undesired outcome. It then becomes a frustrating and tiresome process.
Areas which require particular attention and care are:
- Whether a job offer meets the ‘Skilled employment’ criteria
- Medical and character issues including applications for a waiver
- Relevance of prior qualifications or work experience to a skilled job offer
- Inconsistencies in information provided during the visa application process
A professional assistance is most often required when Immigration NZ (INZ) considers that the person’s job is not “skilled employment”. We can contest INZ’s conclusions by analysing and demonstrating how the job fits the ANZSCO definition of the job. More importantly, careful review of the job offer and other key information, even before the EOI is put in, can avoid trouble entirely and give you a peace of mind.
We will guide you through each step in the process and ensure you not only meet the requirements but can also prove your claims with acceptable supporting information.
It is recommended to have your eligibility assessed by a licensed immigration advisor to ensure you will meet the mandatory immigration requirements and avoid costly mistakes.
Get In Touch With Us For Personalised Service And Assistance
+64 22 399 4114
Send Your Inquiry
"*" indicates required fields