NEW ZEALAND VISITOR VISA
The New Zealand Visitor visa lets a person visit New Zealand as a visitor. The visa also allows the visa holder to study for a short time or attend a job interview. The applicant will need to show enough funds in their financial records to support them during their stay in New Zealand.
With a valid New Zealand Visitor visa, you can
- Travel to New Zealand, visit friends and family or enjoy amateur sports or undertake an adventure activity.
- Study for a short term for up to 3 months.
- Include your partner and dependent children aged 19 and below in your visa application form.
- The visa allows a stay of up to 9 months in New Zealand
Processing Time for a New Zealand Tourist Visa
The Average processing times for New Zealand Visitor Visa as per statistics provided by New Zealand immigration services are:
50% of applications are processed within 76 days.
75% of applications are processed within 90 days.
90% of applications are processed within 120 days.
One does not need to apply for New Zealand Visitor visa if you are:
- A New Zealand citizen holding a New Zealand passport or having a foreign passport with a New Zealand citizen endorsement
- An Australian citizen
- A foreign passport holder having a valid New Zealand visa including a Permanent Resident visa
If you wish to visit New Zealand on a holiday, you will need to get either an NZeTA or a New Zealand visitor visa — unless you’re an Australian citizen.
You will require an NZeTA if:
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- You are a UK citizen or passport holder. You can stay up to 6 months in New Zealand
You are a citizen of a country listed in the Visa-Waiver agreement. You can stay in New Zealand for 3 months.
- Find out if you need to apply for a Tourist visa while travelling on a holiday. You will either need an NZeTA or a visitor visa — unless you’re an Australian citizen.
- Apply for Visa online.
- Gather all required documentation and certificates (health, character)
- Collect all documents for identification (valid passport, financial records, photos etc.)
- Pay visa fees online.
- Wait for Visa approval
- Travel once your Visa is approved.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to apply for a New Zealand Visitor Visa?
You can apply for New Zealand Visitor online. You need to submit all the required documents and proofs along with the application. Pay the visa fees online.
What are the documents required for New Zealand visitor visa?
A valid passport having a validity of 6 months at the time of arrival in New Zealand. Financial proofs like bank statements, Character and health certificate, Return tickets and itinerary for the visit.
How long can tourists stay in New Zealand?
You can visit New Zealand as a tourist for 9 months in a period of 18 months. The 18 months are calculated backwards from your last day in New Zealand.
You can apply for an extension and stay for 12 months in a period of 24 months if you meet the following conditions.
- More time is required to complete the tourist itinerary.
- Unable to leave New Zealand for reasons beyond your control.
- If applying for residence in New Zealand for the first time.
How long is a New Zealand visitor visa?
Generally, a visitor is allowed to stay for 9 months in New Zealand. The visitor visa allows the holder to stay for 9 months in a period of 18 months.
Get In Touch With Us For Personalised Service And Assistance
+64 22 399 4114
Send Your Inquiry
"*" indicates required fields