Essential skills work visa
If you have been offered a full-time job, and you have the necessary qualifications and experience to work in that job, you can apply for am Essentials Skills work visa to work in New Zealand.
With this work visa you can:
- Work in New Zealand for an employer who has offered you a full-time job.
- Study for up to 3 months in any 12 month period, or do any study required as part of your employment.
You must be qualified for the position offered, and the salary or hourly-rate offered by a NZ employer will determine the duration of your work visa (usually 1- 3 years). Unless your role is in a skills shortage list, the employer will need to test the NZ labour market prior to offering you the position and prove that there are no NZ citizens or residents available for the role.
Your partner (spouse) or dependent children may be able to apply separately for visas based on their relationship to you. The salary offered also determines visa options for your family.
We have the expertise to provide you with the most cost-effective solution for all your visa needs. Call or Book a free consultation to seek our transparent advice.
- Your employer must first make a genuine attempt to hire New Zealanders fitting the job requirements
- The salary offered must not be lesser than the current market rate
There are some standard conditions that Immigration NZ puts on an Essential Skills work visa, such as:
- This visa does not allow you to be self-employed.
- You must only work in the specific location, occupation and for the particular employer listed on your Essential Skills Work Visa label.
- You may study for only 3 months in any 12-month period
Get In Touch With Us For Personalised Service And Assistance
+64 22 399 4114
Send Your Inquiry
"*" indicates required fields